Friday, September 19, 2008

Deleting Blog?

I'm thinking of deleting my blog, I really have nothing to blog about, nobody ever comments or probably reads them. All I have to talk about is stupid pointless things which no ene ever cares about. I've tried to reach out for help through this, buuuut nothing good has come out of it. I never have time to blog anyway. So, this may be my last post for a while, and after a week, it'll probably be deleted.

Lately, I've been really happy! Things tend not to bother me, I've decided I am going to move to Cali as soon as I can and get away and try something new and could be wonderful, and if I don't like it, I know I'll always have a place to come home to, and wonderful people who care about me! I've been running alot too, I decided I need to get myself back into shape since I won't be playing sports for a while..well probably never again. Pretty sad, unless I can find some softball club team in Cali. I've sang more then I have in a long time, and I love it, I absolutly have missed it! I had the chance to see Ali, Kenzie and Maxwell who I have missed soooo much! I've spent this whole week at home just rejuvinating and having time for myself and finally getting some sleep! Life is pretty good!

I've realized, people do change, and there are some things and people who you think wouldn't pull stupid stunts, and well, news flash Alex, they do. Even best friends! I know we're all getting to the point where we're going to start hanging out with the opposite sex and sooner or later we are going to be spending more time with our "partner" per say, then our friends. But there comes a time, where you don't ditch your friends. If you have made plans with them earlier in the day, you don't ditch them for a boy or a girl. That's just ...rude. And it hurts. If you've made plans with that "boy or girl", and then ask your best friend to hang out, don't do it!!! You'll eventually ditch your best friend anyway for the opposite sex. I love how they always say "you know you were invited to hang out with us", but I'm not going to be three wheeling it. Awkward and boring, and you can always tell when you're really not welcome. It's funny, this "best friend'' of mine, I have NEVER EVER EVER and never will ditch her for a boy. I know how it feels so I've sworn to myself to not do it. If I had a boy who wanted to hang out, and I had plans with her, I'd hang out with her, not him, but her, and then later on, if we had nothing to do, I would suggest to her if she wanted to hang out with them, but I would take her with, not just leave her in the dust! It sure is a wonderful feeling to be left in the dust, wouldn't you agree for those who have experienced this!? From all of this, and this putting the cherry on top of the whipping cream on my sunday, I'm done catering to people and I'm not going to fool myself and be so "forgiving" to people who don't have the same respect. So, all I have to say is Thanks so much for ditching me, and putting me in 2nd place when you'll always be in 1st place.

Can I just say that I love Brady to death!? He's always been there for me through everything and he's the one person that I can always count on, and we could just sit around for hours, not do anything and never run out of conversation and we can joke around and throw things at each other, just sit there and sing random songs and have a great time! He really truly is a wonderful friend and I love that kid to death. I know he's the one person I am really going to miss the most when I move to Cali and he goes off on his mission. I plan on writing him every day of his mission. Bahhhahaha good luck Alex. I had the chance to see Samir tonight as well, Gah how I have missed him! I am so glad he is feeling better and is able to hang out with us again!

Ohhhh You have to hear this story, So my mom works this this guy, who has a daughter who is a few years older then I am and is married. She wasn't feeling well one day and decided to go to the doctors and get checked out. The doctor told her she had herpes. Gross I know, wait it gets better. The doctor said it was a special kind of herpes that you can only get from dead people, she didn't understand why because she hates dead people and has nothing to do with them. Wellll guess what, Her husband is a Mortician who has been having sex with dead people in his "spare time" and got the herpes from them, and gave it to her. HOW SICK IS THAT?!?!?! Baaaahahahha I just laughed when I heard it , but I was completly grossed out! Who in their right mind would have the nerve to do something like that?! It's just sick and wrong people!!!! Bleh!

Rosie girl, I freaking miss you! We need to play more often! And I agree, we need to have another cry/talking fest in a car!!!
Anyway, I am off to bed. I'll think about keeping my blog up if I ever get around to it. If not, this is the last pathetic post. Goodnight everyone and have a wonderful weekend! Peace!

9 comments:

Anastasia said...

This was a really awesome post. I read your blog from time to time, but I don't really feel like I should comment because I don't know you at all. Of course if I saw you somewhere I would be like, thats Alex. I see your car across the street all the time (Incase you don't know I live across the street from Brady.) And I see you getting into or out of it all the time, but I just didn't think that you would want me to post because we don't really know each other. But I don't think you should delete your blog, I am sure people read it, but they just don't want to comment because like me they are shy.

Anthony said...

You know, NOBODY writes about things anymore interesting than you do. That's the point of a blog. Random stuff from life. I say don't delete and just try to write every blue moon at LEAST. Cuz, man, that story about the herpes nearly KILLED me I was so grossed out and yet laughing so hard at the same time... and I'd have never known otherwise. It's a way to keep up with people and spread nasty stories like that and so forth. I always read by the way.

But you're choice. And that story basically wins best thing of the day. Also, I love Brady too. Also, I never do anything anymore and if you ever do you should call me and get me the HECK outta this house.

Anonymous said...

Alex baby. I love you more than life!! I read your blog like it's practically my religion! Haha I can't get enough of you baby! Call me anytime! I love our singng/cry fests in your car!
Love forever and for always,
Rosie!

Jocelyn said...

nooo! don't delete it! I love your blog darling! And anytime you need to talk I will totally be here. I am going to miss you so much when you leave and go to california! But you are going to have SO much fun! oh and that dead people thing.... NASTY!

Anonymous said...

A real life necrophiliac? Oh my... If you really laughed at that though, you'd think explosm.net is hilarious. I sure do.

About the deletion though, I'd think about it seriously before you do it. Sure, you probably have it all written down in a journal or something, probably with more and better detail, but it's really nice just to have an outlet. Good luck in California!

Unknown said...

I blogged on your last one......and on several others....and when it comes to the odd story... 0.o............oh....my.....

Kristin said...

I always comment on your blog, and I'm sorry that you feel like I ditched you. You were invited to hang out with us, you and Brady both. I have 3rd wheeled it with you before because I love you that much. You will always be number one in my life. Always. I'm sorry that it doesn't seem like that. I wish life made sense and I could just explain myself to you, and when you said you had plans with Brady I figured you didn't mind that I was hanging out with Jay. Next time just yell it in my face because I am oblivious. I understand if you are mad at me, I'm sorry. I wish I could fix everything. Please forgive me baby, I don't know what else to say, I can't rewind my life no matter how much I wish I could. I'm sorry. I love you. You are the number one person in my life and I'm sorry you feel like you aren't. I can't say sorry enough.

Unknown said...

Alex you have no idea how much that all means to me. I just need to come clean and open. You need to understand that one of the arguments proffered by vegetarians is that our primate ancestors were vegetarians and, to be healthy, we should eat the same kind of diet.

An article entitled "The Western Lowland Gorilla Diet Has Implications For the Health of Humans and Other Hominids," which appeared in a recent issue of Human and Clinical Nutrition, makes this argument. With reference to the authors' study of the vegetarian diet of gorillas, the research is sound, but to claim that humans would be better off with a vegetarian diet like that of the gorillas is spurious and equivocal.

One misconception about the gorilla diet is that it contains no animal products. On the contrary, all of the great ape groups take in some animal protein, whether overtly or inadvertently, by consuming insects, insect eggs and the larvae that nest on the plants and fruits they eat. In her pioneering work on chimpanzees, Jane Goodall discovered to her amazement, and to the amazement of the rest of the world, that chimpanzees kill and eat monkeys and make a tool to extract termites from their hills (homes), and that they went to considerable effort to obtain these foods. It is also significant that meat is the only food they share with other chimpanzees.

All monkeys, lemurs and apes are classified as vegetarians and/or fruitivors, but they consume a small amount of animal protein by unconsciously eating the small insects, their eggs and larvae on the plant foods they select to eat. The National Zoo in Washington, D.C. tried to breed the near extinct fruitivorian South American golden marmoset in captivity with no result, but when a little animal protein was added to their diet, they began to breed, which proves that they require a small amount of animal protein to be healthy and reproduce.

With the exception of humans, the native habitat of all the primates is in the tropics. By contrast, for thousands of years, humans have inhabited all the land masses of the world, except for Anarctica. The first humans, the Australopithicines, circa 2 million years ago, were omnivorous. Recently, some researchers, in examining their fossil teeth, have claimed that the Australopithicines were vegetarians; but the evidence indicates they were omnivorous. It is clear that by the time "humans" evolved, from Homo erectus through to what is now considered "modern" humans, such as Cro-Magnon man, humans were primarily meat eaters. According to J. Brownoski, (The Ascent of Man), it was meat-eating that led to the rise of modern man. Homo erectus invented stone tools for hunting big game which led to the invention of more advanced stone tools by Cro-Magnon to modern humans.

It was the quest for meat that led Homo sapiens to colonize the world. They followed the herds of animals. When overpopulation caused the animal food supply to dwindle, many moved on, from tropical Africa to North Africa, Asia, Europe, the Americas and Australia. They walked and adapted to the cold climates and were able to do so because meat is compact energy, and one kill of a mammoth or other big game could feed many people and lasted for a long period of time; whereas gathering plants and fruits to eat was seasonal. Until the early part of the 20th century there were peoples who lived almost entirely on animal food. For example, the Eskimos of North America and Lapps of Scandinavia lived almost entirely on animal protein and were very healthy.

However, when we refer to meat, remember that meat entails fats which are necessary for sound health. The protein and minerals in the meat cannot be utilized without the nutrients in the fat. Both Steffanson and Brody, who spent time with the Eskimos and Indians of North America, reported that these people saved the fat from game animals and always ate their meat with fat.

The Eskimos ate raw meat, which is very healthy, but there is a caveat for modern society: fresh meat often contains bacteria and parasites that can cause illness, and even death, therefore it is recommended by the government that all meat should be cooked well enough to kill all such pollutants.

Humans only turned to plant foods as major food sources when, due to the ever-increasing human population, herds of animals became scarce. They learned to domesticate some animals and invented agriculture.

Humans learned to use fire, to any extent, in the Paleolithic age. Cooking certainly was necessary, because grains cannot be eaten raw. It is also interesting to note that when humans began eating a diet high in grains, the incidence of tooth decay increased considerably. Tooth decay increased dramatically when refined grains (wheat and rice) became staple diets for a large percentage of the world's population.

For normal growth and sound health throughout life, the human species requires eight amino acids which their bodies cannot manufacture, vitamin B12 and some essential minerals. The only viable source of these amino acids and of vitamin B12 is animal protein such as red meat, fish, shell fish, eggs, milk, insects and worms. The lack of these amino acids results in serious illnesses. For example, kwashiorkor is a deficiency disease which impedes the normal development of vital brain cells and stunts growth. People may be getting all they need to eat to satisfy their hunger from grains and other plant foods. They may even become plump on a diet of grains, but their normal growth and development is stunted. For instance, some Maya Indian peasant groups of Guatemala primarily have only corn, beans and squash to eat. They like meat, but are too poor to purchase meats or raise animals. Feeding domesticated animals would sacrifice land needed to grow the grains on which they subsist. This condition is common over much of the world.

Unlike humans, the digestive tract of gorillas is equipped to manufacture the essential amino acids and other vital nutrients. The human digestive system is not so equipped and we must rely on animal proteins.

It is interesting to note that advocates of vegetarian diets who use the diet of apes as a rational to support their food choice--asserting that the ape diet is more "natural"--fail to advocate eating a diet of all-raw plant foods as the apes do. The basic plant foods that humans eat must be cooked. Vegan advocates also say that by combining grains with legumes, one can get the essential amino acids. Though this may be theoretically possible, in practice it is not viable and extremely difficult or impossible to accomplish, particularly if robust health is to be achieved and maintained generation after generation. Of course, due to modern technology, many of the essential nutrients can be supplied by synthetic or processed products, but these merely duplicate what is naturally in animal protein and are often extracted from them. To be on the safe side, it is wise to procure essential nutrients from their best source--animal protein.

Anthropologists have wondered why certain foods came to be prohibited by some religions. The anthropologist, Dr. Marvin Harris, in his two extremely readable, informative and enjoyable books, Cannibals and Kings and Cows, Pigs, Wars and Witches, shows that the prohibition of pigs (pork) by the Jewish religion and cows by the Hindu religion came about due to the ever-increasing pressure of population growth.

Pigs eat grain. It takes lots of land to grow grain for wheat which could feed more humans than it could feed pigs that require the grain to become meat on the human dinner-table. So wheat was in competition with pigs and the wheat won out when human referees decided wheat was more efficient in feeding the growing population. So pork wasn't worth the grain and was prohibited by the religious leaders as a strategy to feed the population more efficiently.

Likewise, in India where beef was widely eaten at an earlier time in history, the Hindu religion prohibited it because the cow was more valuable for its milk and dung than as edible beef. Milk from the cow provided animal protein and the dung provided fuel for the fires to cook food. Religious sanctions are a very powerful societal force of control. (In these books by Harris, only a few pages are devoted to this subject, but the books are highly recommended for gaining insight into human behavior.)

In economically diverse societies where animal protein is scarce among the poorer classes and more abundant in the increasingly affluent sectors of society, it is interesting to note the differences in body height that seems to reflect the way people are forced to eat. The less affluent sectors subsist primarily on grains and a few vegetables and lack the height that is found among the more affluent ruling classes. This situation can develop as a result of overpopulation because too many humans inhabiting in a region can deplete the carrying capacity of the land upon which the food is produced.

The ancient Maya of the Classical Period used the slash and burn strategy to create more arable land as their population outgrew the surrounding forest. In order to create fields in which to grow corn, squash, beans and chili peppers, forest land was cleared by the destructive method of cutting down trees and burning the debris. This is a very brutal strategy within a fragile ecosystem that rapidly exhausts the soil. The Mayan diet consisted chiefly of the vegetables they grew, a few fruits and game. But the game became scarce as the forest was cleared for farm land and only the tiny ruling class had access to animal protein. (They had the domestic turkey and dog, but these animals ate the same food as humans.) This ecologically unstable situation led to the collapse of the Classical Maya civilization when they abandoned their great cities. The point for this article is that the skeletons unearthed from the Mayan burial grounds reveal that the ruling class was taller than the masses. The nobility supplemented their basic diet of corn, beans and squash with what animal protein was available; whereas the masses had practically none.

So what can the diet of gorillas tell us about what constitutes a healthy diet for humans? Little if anything. Humans are omnivores and need animal protein as well as plant foods to maintain sound health. The author of this article and Dr. Melvin E. Page recommend, as presented in their book, Your Body is Your Best Doctor, the following as a sound diet to help maintain optimal health: Eat a variety of fresh animal protein and fats, a wide variety of fresh vegetables, fruits and nuts and whole grain breads and cereals.

For a complete bibliography on this subject, see "The Relevance of Paleolithic Diet in Determining Contemporary Nutritional Needs," H. Leon Abrams, Jr. The Journal of Applied Nutrition. Vol. 31, Numbers 1 and 2.

Jocelyn said...

brady... what in the world.....?